Jules Verne, a visionary in the years 1870!
In his century, around 1870, Verne wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before navigable aircraft and practical submarines were invented, and before any means of space travel had been devised. “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea” (1870), and “Around the World in Eighty Days” (1873), “Journey to the center of the earth”, “From the Earth to the Moon”, ..
Some of Jules Verne’s fantastic quotes that inspire me:
- Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.
- An energetic man will succeed where an indolent one would vegetate and inevitably perish – The Mysterious Island (1874)
- Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real.
- On the surface of the ocean, men wage war and destroy each other; but down here, just a few feet beneath the surface, there is a calm and peace, unmolested by man
- The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides.